Sunday, February 11, 2007

The building I teach in + Tito

The building I teach in is a performing arts building. It has three classrooms and an auditorium that seats around 350 people. Kind of small as auditoriums go, but it's a relatively new building. The band room (my room) leads to the band/choral office, which leads to the chorus room, which leads to the drama room, which leads to the stage, which leads back to the band room. So you can make a big circle of it.

My kiddos have been working this fundraiser where we have to make Hershey's Kiss Rosebuds out of bamboo skewers, Hershey's Kisses, red cellophane, and floral tape. So we've been coming in late at night to make the darn things. Since I'm a single mommy, I bring Tito Bean. Plus, the kids enjoy hanging out with him. The first night we were there, he was eating chocolate that we'd dropped on the floor. I reprimanded him. Not long after that, I heard the jingle jangle of his collar, but didn't SEE him anywhere. Then I heard him whine =( So, I set off to find my boy. I went through the only open door in the place - the door to the band/choral office. No doggie. I proceeded into the chorus room where Tito frequently likes to poo in front of the other teacher's desk. No doggie. I started to get worried. Then I went throught the next open door into the drama room. NO DOGGIE!!! I looked around and noticed that the theater door was open. I ran out into the theater, calling Tito's name. He came running to his mommy from the door to the band room!!!! He was right next to me when he was whining! He could hear my voice, but couldn't get through the door!!!!

Earlier that day....

I go home during my lunch break to spend some time with the little guy and/or let him out to potty. I was just getting ready to leave, so I got Tito on his leash and we headed out the door. We walked out the door and headed to the left. As we were mading a left on the sidewalk, Tito and I realized at the very same moment that his leash was not attached all the way. His little ears went back, and his little eyes fromed slits. Then he was GONE. He took off.

Now, we've done this before, me and my Tito Bean. He has always been a runner. There were the times he jumped out the back window of my car, the times he bolted between my legs when I would open the front door, and the times when (well the ONE time) I took Tito to the dog beach and thought he could be like all the other good doggies who stuck by their humans...yeah RIGHT. pffft. MY boy is not like all the other good babies. He IS his moma's boy.

He's sleeping like a little angel now, but when he wakes, I know EXACTLY what my perfect boy will do;) My Tito Bean is the bestest!!!

1 comment:

Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.