Sunday, January 28, 2007

My gun lesson with a real live gun slinger!!

Mark took me to have a gun lesson today with a real, live gun slinger!!! He was a very articulate, well versed, and very good teacher. I learned a lot. I learned SO much in fact, that I am now ready for competition after roughly only four hours of lifetime shooting!!! WEEEHOOOO!!!!

This is the target from my first date with Mark:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The shots are all over the place and the ones near the middle probably came from him.

This is the target from my first shots after our first private lesson today:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The lesson paid off, no?

This is about five minutes in today:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
YAY!

This is about 6 minutes in today:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You know, I'm bad, I'm bad. You know it, mmmhmmm!

We got to shoot all kinds of guns with all kinds of ammo. I did best with the .380, but I wanna get a double action magnum. Those are sick enough LOOKING to scare your average burglar away!! Hayell yes!

MUAHS!

1 comment:

Mark said...

So -- with the exception of the .357 Magnum -- every gun I handled put at least two bullets out of three through the same hole. All groupings of 6-10 were less than 3/4" in diameter at 30 feet. They were consistently about 2.5 degrees down and I reckon I should take that as an accompishment for a first go 'round with a handgun as I've got a little prior firearms experience from Boy Scouts.
Our teacher rocked. I am usually quite critical of teachers (of course being perfect myself), but this guy was awesome. He was articulate, experienced, and intelligent. I can't think of a single thing he might have done better (and that's quite a feat -- I'm pretty imaginaitive).
So, you should go check out Jessica's blog" and take a look at her targets. With the .380, she absolutely knocked the center out of the target.
Well, after around 100 shots, we grew tired and decide to go for Subway. It was a blast!!!!