Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wow.

It's really been a long time since I last posted. I am terrible about keeping a journal. There are even big gaps like this in the ones I used to keep as a kid.

It's Valentine's Day, and it's 2010. It was a decent day overall, but a big fight leading up to the day, and promises left unfulfilled leave a sort of void. Even so, I'm very thankful for my friends and family. Don't want this post to get too dark here.

I've been married for almost 2 years. I'm still at the same job and Goober's ashes still sit on my bookshelf. I still miss him like crazy, by the way! I still drive the same car, but we bought a house, I quit roller derby and I've gained 40 pounds. That happened the last two times I quit smoking.

I was going to delete all my old posts, but I read some of them, and thought about how much happier I was then than I am now. Even though they aren't directly related to my current purpose, they are part of what got me to this point...Then I was going to delete all the posts about Mark, the guy I briefly dated back then. But the story about the cat taking off with my steak was pretty funny. I'd forgotten about that!

Tomorrow is the last day of a substantial vacation. I'm going to go to bed now so I can enjoy tomorrow.

No comments: